In an extremely competitive market with dozens of businesses looking to compete, a company needs to be offering something special to be sat at the top table. We love recruiting for this client, because whenever anyone who knows them hears the name, the reaction is always good. Very good.
We’re looking for an experienced people manager with significant exposure to added value food ingredient solutions, to deliver the company’s long term European vision. You’ll be accustomed to operating at a strategic level, inspiring your team of Account Managers across mainland Europe to deliver ambitious yet achievable objectives – whilst also driving sales through a number a distributors.
This is a global company that has extremely exciting plans, having identified mainland Europe as a key growth area. The business is not shy to invest in this region in order to achieve its goals and successful applicants will learn more about these plans at interview stage. The company has been known to be acquisition-hungry in recent times, which will only create more opportunities for the candidate who lands this huge opportunity.
In order to be considered, we need to see:
- Fluency in English and German as a minimum, with a third European language preferred
- Evidence of setting and delivering upon strategic commercial objectives
- Team management skills – inspiring, influencing and developing a sales team, preferably on an international level
- Significant experience of the food ingredients market – added value solutions, working to create innovative products for major B2B customers
- A track record of success, showing both top and bottom line growth in your previous roles
This is a home-based contract, based anywhere in mainland Europe, with regular travel across Europe and occasionally further afield.
This role would suit someone who is already a Sales Director, but is looking to take a step up into an international environment; alternatively, you may be a Commercial Manager looking to assume greater responsibility or perhaps an Account Director with multiple reports, who is looking for a purely strategic role. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from anyone who has not previously managed a team – the client always likes to promote from within where possible, so they would look internally if prior team management experience was not such a priority.